Traffic Alert Extended!
Starting again on Monday, 7/15, there will be intermittent one-way traffic control on River Road and McHenry Avenue through Wednesday, 7/17/2019.
Please expect minor delays in traffic throughout the day from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. as the project team installs conduits within the intersection.
Visit the Traffic Information page for more information.
Visit our Photo Gallery page to see the latest updates on McHenry Avenue!
Visit our Facebook Page for construction photos, videos, and updates!
Call the project hotline at (209) 497-5111
The McHenry Avenue Corridor Improvements project will enhance safety, inter-regional traffic circulation, and air quality. The improvements will include:
- 1.1 miles of widening along McHenry Avenue from 1,487 feet south of River Road to 190 feet south of Jones Road.
- Stanislaus River and SSJID Canal Bridges will be replaced with wider and safer bridges, satisfying current seismic design standards.
- Installation of a two-way left turn center lane to facilitate turns into and out of driveways on McHenry Avenue.
- Increased width of roadway shoulders to accommodate alternative travel modes, including bicyclists.
- Installation of a traffic signal on McHenry Avenue and River Road that will accommodate existing and future traffic demands.