Tuesday, May 22 – Thursday, May 24: Construction crews will be working on McHenry Avenue and River Road.
Tuesday, May 22 – Thursday, May 24: Expect traffic congestion between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. There will be intermittent one-way traffic control on McHenry Avenue and River Road.
Visit the Traffic Information page for more information.
Call the project hotline at (209) 497-5111
The McHenry Avenue Corridor Improvements project will enhance safety, inter-regional traffic circulation, and air quality. The improvements will include:
- 1.1 miles of widening along McHenry Avenue from 1,487 feet south of River Road to 190 feet south of Jones Road.
- Stanislaus River and SSJID Canal Bridges will be replaced with wider and safer bridges, satisfying current seismic design standards.
- Installation of a two-way left turn center lane to facilitate turns into and out of driveways on McHenry Avenue.
- Increased width of roadway shoulders to accommodate alternative travel modes, including bicyclists.
- Installation of a traffic signal on McHenry Avenue and River Road that will accommodate existing and future traffic demands.