Daytime closures will take place Monday, June 26 through Thursday, June 29 as construction crews work on tree removal. One lane of traffic with traffic control will remain open at all times. Visit the Construction Update page for more information.
Drivers can expect traffic delays along McHenry Avenue Monday, June 26 through Thursday, June 29 between 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Visit the Traffic Information page for more information.
Call the project hotline at (209) 497-5111
The McHenry Avenue Corridor Improvements project will enhance safety, inter-regional traffic circulation, and air quality. The improvements will include:
- 1.1 miles of widening along McHenry Avenue from 1,487 feet south of River Road to 190 feet south of Jones Road.
- Stanislaus River and SSJID Canal Bridges will be replaced with wider and safer bridges, satisfying current seismic design standards.
- Installation of a two-way left turn center lane to facilitate turns into and out of driveways on McHenry Avenue.
- Increased width of roadway shoulders to accommodate alternative travel modes, including bicyclists.
- Installation of a traffic signal on McHenry Avenue and River Road that will accommodate existing and future traffic demands.